Sunday, August 7, 2016

Buying a Hanbok and Blessings

July 31, 2016

Buying a hanbok

So we went to the shijang #market and bought ourselves some hanboks.
If you know me at all... you KNOW I am physically, emotionally, and mentally incapable of bartering..... I don't even think I could barter to save my own life... I am so terrible.... On the other hand...... KOREANS are VERY good at bartering........ What is a poor foreign missionary to do who can't barter?  Go around and say, "Hi, I am a poor missionary serving in Korea, I only have this much money. What can you give me? I mean hanboks are usually twice this much buuuuut you can have sympathy right?" That would never work right?

BUT it did........
Walked into a store and was like  "Hi, I am a poor missionary serving in Korea, I only have this much money. What can I buy? I mean hanboks are usually twice this much buuuuut you can have sympathy right?"

It was a heart changer. she was like. "You are missionaries?" and we were like "Yes, we live here for 18 months and paid to be here and therefore do not get paid. We talk to people about how the gospel of Jesus Christ can bless their lives. She made some phone calls and we got hanboks. They are even fitting them to us! Because... we are too big for the korean ones.......... but really it was such a miracle!  We talked to her about her religious background she is a Christian and goes to church and before we left she let us pray with her. She was so cute.  Such a great experience. People are so nice and God brings so much goodness to our lives just for serving.  I LOVE being a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment