Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Christmas from Korea!

Quotes
"So were you once a man?" (random guy on street)
"Nope... no I wasn't" Sister Bell

"The scariest thing you will ever see on your mission is an angry sister missionary"- Elder Christensen to his trainee Elder Benson

Christmas Conference!

So we got to all go to Presidents house for some delicious dinner! :)  Christmas dinner! and best of all Christmas desserts!  SOooooo delicious! and we watched the Christmas devotional :)

We have seen so many miracles as we have done the music night.  I know that the Lord can speak to us through music.  I received so much revelation for myself and for my area from being apart of this production and I feel so blessed to know such amazingly talented people :)

Merry Christmas!

I have been really pondering on a comment that someone said to me while I was proselyting.  I told them about my ATV accident from 2007, and they were like, "Oh of course you believe in a God, because you went through something hard." The way they said it implied that my religion and my faith was a weakness.  I testified of Christ and his atonement.  I have been thinking since then about how to address this woman and a lot of my friends that believe my faith comes from some inadequacy to cope with my problems by myself.  Why is it that many people who have gone through serious trials find faith?  These people generally believe in good and evil, that everything has it's opposite.These people who go through hard things become really well acquainted with the bitter. They know what the evil is, they are acquainted with suffering, and because of this if they are willing they will be able to more easily recognize the sweet, if they don't let themselves get trapped or stuck in the "suffering".  If we don't get trapped by the darkness we will be able to  recognize the light when it comes into our lives.  The light is always and forever will be, Christ no matter what life brings.

I pray this Christmas no matter our circumstances we will be able to recognize His light and cling to it.  "Believe in the light that ye may be the children of light."John 12:36
"Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye may know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ." Moroni 7:19

Merry Christmas!

Love to  you all,
Sister Shaver


The Christmas concert






This is the first bed I got to sleep in since I arrived in Korea. I was just a little getty with delight! 
We sleep on the floor on mats. 



With President and Sister Sonksen, myself and Sister Cameron


No comments:

Post a Comment