Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Stay Away from Candy ;)

Lost in Translation..........

So I haven't had a Lost in Translation section in way too long.... haha
So I was talking to this nice woman on the train, and she had some adorable kids that were struggling to sit still, and I had some extra candy from America that I figured I would share, and so I asked this mother if her children like candy... but instead of candy I said Satan......... In my defense they are really close in Korean.... Satang is candy Saton is Satan.... anyway she was like O.O SATAN?! and I was like oops must have said the wrong one... and quickly held up my innocent jolly ranchers.... and she was like Oh Satang (which really in Korean they have what is called swallowed consonants,... it is like the opposite of enunciating... so it all sounds the same sometimes(the g is a swallowed consonant)) anyway.... haha Stay away from Candy everyone.......

CATS

There is this diner... I might have wrote you about it so if you read about it quick sorry. hahaha  So there is this Diner that literally is cat themed... Dad would have a heart attack and keel over...... There are real live cats EVERYWHERE like just running around on the tables. We walked by and this cat was just sitting on the table licking itself....  Like there were cats EVERWHERE... I wanted to go inside soooo bad!!! but my comp hates cats lol . BUT they have a dog one!! We have to go I decided! haha

Growing

I feel like I have learned the power of a simple testimony on my mission.  Since in Korean I really can't give what I would as a powerful testimony decorated with intellectual knowledge and studying, I have to rely of what it really comes down to.  Too often I find myself trying to create this logical argument for the gospel being true, but the thing is no matter how strong that logic is, it will only speak to the mind.  While being converted in your mind is necessary,  Where it really counts is your heart. I know that Christ is my Savior. I know that through him I have been saved from my sins.  I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father, and he knows us perfectly.  I bare my witness that Christ's atonement can heal us from all of our pains.  As we accept Christ, surrender our will to His, we will find ourselves more happier than we could have been, because we will be fulfilling our potential.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that through him the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored.  I bear this witness in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.


Our Awesome Zone






No comments:

Post a Comment