Monday, April 18, 2016

Transfers!!! Music and Miracles!!!

Transfers!!! Music and Miracles!!!

My new companion is the beautiful and talented Sister Ouzounian! She is amazing and so musically inclined it's crazy.  She also brought a bunch of miracles to that area! :D

The biggest miracle is that someone showed up to church with her grandma and wants to learn more about the church! This daughter of God is so prepared! :)  We are so happy to have a new investigator as a lot dropped off rather suddenly the last few weeks. The Lord really is at the helm because we have also had former investigators call and want to meet with us.  So many miracles :)

Shadrach
SO we go to this service where we help made food for the elderly. It is really fun!

Anyways.. at this service we were put in the corner with the veggies that just came out of the ground and we were cutting off the roots. and putting the leaves in a basket.  When all of a sudden I found a snail on one of the leaves. We were immediately best friends. Realizing that his presence would probably not be welcome in a kitchen; we determined that we must rescue him and set him free. He managed to stay alive as we hid him from the other helpers in the kitchen and then eventually we found a suitable home and released him into the wild.
 Be free Shadrach. Be free.

Hooks and Bites
So there is a really cool mormon message about fishing. I am not really a fishing person to be honest... mostly cause i haven't gone enough and maybe a lack of patience... but anyways.  Watch it and then read this... or just read this.

We all have addictions- things we like or just do that aren't good for us either physically, emotionally, spiritually or all three.  One of mine was biting the inside of my lip when I got nervous or anxious or felt stress in general.  I had tried to stop for probably 10+ years.

When I was in the MTC I realized that as a representative of Jesus Christ I needed to get rid of this annoying habit and that the only way I could really do that was through Christ's atonement.  I diligently tried to quit and when I messed up I would say a prayer right then and there and repent.  I was able to stop, and I haven't had a problem since then. It has been a year :)  Miracles happen. I know that through the atonement we can overcome any aliment.

This may seem small, but it has made a huge difference in my life. I am so grateful for my mission, so grateful for the atonement, and so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who gave me both. :)

Love to you all.

Sister Shaver

1 comment:

  1. It's truly not the small.
    I know it more than anyone.
    Thanks for you, I don't bite my nails anymore. At least untill now xD.
    I've tried to stop for +12years but i couldn't!
    Your advice means great deal to me.
    And i hope shadrach is happy in wild!

    ReplyDelete