Sunday, June 12, 2016

His Will

6/5/16

To My friends in 중랑
I am not dead! I'm alive and well.  Miss you all a lot!  Keep being awesome.  Thanks for always treating me like family, and encouraging me and my korean.  I saw a jumprope the otherdayㅎㅎㅎ
행쇼!

So today I wanted to talk about God's will. and Prayer ... ya... I've learned a lot about prayer on my mission...

So this one time Momma took me to Mcdonalds and I was 2. She talked about this story like this "I drove up and you saw the playground-- germ infested ;) you were so excited to go play on everything and went straight from the car to the fence trying to squeeze through. When I wanted to take you around to the front and order food etc you were beside yourself as the playground got further away from what you could see. It actually broke my heart because I could see that you had no idea I wanted to bring you to that wonderful playland--my words were not convincing. I think you thought I didn't understand what you were trying to say, but I knew all to well. ;) Just as Heavenly Father knows your desire. You only could see me taking you away from the very "goal, dream, desire," that you wanted, that you asked for. We had to wait our turn to order, wait for our food, and then finally you were able to enjoy the fullness of your desired destination.

I have pondered about that story many times when what I think I want gets further out of grasp, when I am trying to follow God. Knowing that if I am patient He will help me get to that destination. Other times he has taken me to a far better place than I ever could have imagined on my own. The journey can be faith building, challenging, even heart breaking, but ALWAYS when I trust in HIM the journey is easier and more joyful. The outcome is pure goodness, when I have let go of my will for His."

I can't really say more than my mom.......... but the bible dictionary said this...
We pray in Christ’s name when our mind is the mind of Christ, and our wishes the wishes of Christ—when His words abide in us (John 15:7). We then ask for things it is possible for God to grant. Many prayers remain unanswered because they are not in Christ’s name at all; they in no way represent His mind but spring out of the selfishness of man’s heart.

I think that has been my problem.... probably my whole life. But I think I am getting better at prayer and I challenge you to evaluate your own prayers :)  We have to  be okay with the possibility of going around the fence to get to what we want most. Which in a lot of cases means trials and learning patience haha :) It may mean having complete faith in our Savior that He will always guide us to where we desire to go or even to a higher place when we seek His will.

I know we will have a better when we Seek Him!!!

Love,

Sister Shaver

No comments:

Post a Comment