Thursday, October 22, 2015

Don't let fear of greatness prevent you from becoming great!

OCTOBER 18, 2015

Quotes
"The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know anything" Former Mission President on Korean

Harmonica Concert
So this week we went to a Harmonica concert with permission from president of course.  It was really cool! They had a lot of Korean cultural performances too.  and the member we went to support won!!! BEST HARMONICA PLAYING I HAVE EVER SEEN!! :D

KIDS!
So we were making Halloween decorations with the kids and I realized that I need a child's brain again.  They are so creative!!! Oh and I drew a "ghost" the quotes are because it really didn't look like anything. in embarrassment i tried to hide it but the kids already saw... and one of them in Korean was like "aw its okay its okay" in a joking tone.... haha so drawing isn't my gift... haha  But the younger kids made really cool decorations. like this pumpkin was eating a ghost! I was impressed. I wouldn't have thought to do that.  Anyways it was fun :)

My least Favorite scripture......
Now some of you might be like... "uh Sister Shaver... are you allowed to have a least favorite scripture?"  to which I respond, "mmmm I don't know but this one is just painful...."
In addition to the Bible the Book of Mormon we also hold two other books as scripture and one of those is the Doctrine and Covenants, which is where this verse resides.
Doctrine and Covenants 9:11
"Behold, it was expedient when you commenced; but you feared, and the time is past, and it is not expedient now;"
The background to this is important. Oliver Cowdery was seeking the gift of translation, but he just couldn't seem to figure it out, and because of fear was unable to obtain the gift.  but by the time he goes and asks the Lord for help, it is too late, It is no longer necessary for him to have this gift.

This scripture is my least favorite cause if I liken this scripture to myself it is incredibly painful!  I never want to see an opportunity in the rear-view mirror that I missed and wanted because I feared to take the opportunity.  Moral of the story is don't end your Day wishing you had done something different.  Don't let fear of greatness prevent you from becoming great!  People always say don't let fear of failing stop you, but a lot of people including me also fear success itself... Once you succeed it is expected that you will succeed again. and then there is pressure to continue.  Don't let fear of Success prevent you from Succeeding. :)  Allow the Atonement to heal all fears and doubts as you exercise Faith in Him, Jesus Christ, who can help us do all things for Him.

Love,
Sister Shaver

Lunch
 
Mission President


No comments:

Post a Comment