Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Simple and Sweet...

So Ponderizing!!! It's the best!
This last week was Alma 5:14-16

14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
 15 Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?
 16 I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?

I was thinking about this vs today and this past week and I was reminded of "My Fair Lady" where she is like, "Show me! Sing me no songs tell me no rhymes show me" Do we really act like we believe what we preach?  Have we experienced that mighty change of heart?  Is our hope strong enough to weather the storms of this life because of the eternal perspective we have?  Faith means you will act, and therefore have works.  If you have faith that your friend will visit you for dinner, you prepare a dinner.  What kind of friend would we be if we just said, "Well, I knew you were coming, isn't that enough?"  It also kind of reminds me of the story of the ten virgins. All knew the Bridegroom was coming, but it was only those that daily prepared to meet Him and put in the extra effort to bring more oil that were allowed to enter. Let's come unto Christ through doing what He would have us do-Today and Every day.

Progress

So I got to visit my first area yesterday! I love Ilsan. :) I love the people I love the area. It is just amazing.  I got to see some old friends, and it was so nice to talk to them and to REALLY be able to talk to them.  I feel like that experience really gave me perspective of how far I have actually come in the language, and the surprise on their face when I understood what they were telling me haha.  The YW there are the sweetest!! They're Christ like love is such a great example to me of how I show be better about loving people :) I am so grateful for the opportunity to have served there. :)


Just trying to be adorable.... I dont think it worked...


and I'm a Mormon....


Cool Places all around!!!


The man next to me is really famous! Robert Holley.  Go YouTube him!!! you will find some very amusing commercials. haha :)


I found my twin...


Temple workers!!! They are sooooooo amazing!!! :D


this is our street boarding activity! It is awesome :)


those are all questions and people put sticks on their favorite questions and we talk about it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment