Friday, August 14, 2015

Be Happy

I just have to brag about how awesome my Grandpa is.  He is wonderful. He gave me my first saddle and he even made it.  and he gave me my first cowboy hat and boots.  He is such a sweet heart and I couldn't ask for a better Grandap :)  LOVE HIM SO MUCH!! Go call your grandparents and tell them you love them :) Here he is at 89 years old still riding. Do see why we are connected. :D








Quote of the Week

"This is pretty good!  What am I eating?"(found something in the cupboard of my new apartment still not sure what it is but it is pretty good)
"Sister Shaver is my Amazon Warrior"

On the menu

So my new comp and I weren't really sure what  was in the fridge, but whatever it was it was good. Whole new meaning to living on a prayer ;)  (Just to be clear we were fairly positive we would be fine)
Amazing kim chi from the members!!!
Korean feast for a missionary farewell party! All of the food was sooo delicious!
Korean food is delicious.

Miracles/Learning things

So My new companion and I are on the most amazing adventure.  We are both American and have only been out 3 and 4 months.  Our Korean skill may not be super great, but it has been amazing to see how the Lord has blessed us in communicating with members and investigators.  Truly there are miracles cause I feel like a week ago I wouldn't have been able to do what I am doing now.

Example:

I had a feeling that we needed to turn the phone off silent super randomly, and when my companion went to do it, she was like, How did you know? and I was like.... "know what?" apparently the phone was ringing and it was a super important phone call.

I lost 50 dollars and someone gave it to me just in time for me to pay for my visa.  It was a miracle!

Also, I feel like every conversation I have in Korean is a miracle... really!  It is.  I look forward to continuing to see the Lord's hand in this work. :)  It is amazing. He is amazing!

The best miracle is watching people come closer to Christ through His gospel.  The greatest miracle is the change that happens within our own heart as we turn our will over to the Lord.  It is beautiful.

How is it done?  The atonement of Jesus Christ.  He showed us the perfect way.  As we seek to have Hope and then follow it up with Faith in Jesus Christ we understand who we are.  When we realize we are children of a loving Heavenly Father who wants our happiness it is easy to love others because we see them as we are.  Loving is way better than judging or comparing.  As we turn our heart outwards we realize that the only measurement that matters is our dedication to Christ and following the spirit.  "for the Holy Ghost will tell you all things that ye should do" 2 Nephi 32:3-5.
The worldly result is irrelevant to our happiness. Sure, hardships will come but that does not need to effect our happiness.  I have met so many people, who despite overwhelmingly difficult circumstances have committed themselves to a life of joy in Christ.  I hope I can be more like these people.  Selfless and truly putting others before myself.

It's kinda like Lion King. "Remember who you are". You are the child of a King. Overcome your fears. Beat the devil. Take your place serving others. yup, just like Lion King.

So go punch the Devil in the face today.  Be happy, and make someone else happy. :)

-Sister Shaver

No comments:

Post a Comment